Saturday, April 15, 2006

Owls And Larks


Current mood: affectionate

Category: Writing and Poetry


I went to bed around four A.M. last night, and was jolted out of a sound sleep by my early bird brother, calling from a different time zone, and - I suspect - a different planet.

He'd just read an article in the New York Times about poems based on the Fibonacci Sequence and couldn't wait to tell me all about them. Their blend of math and poetry made them close cousins to his own theories, elegantly expressed in mathematical terms, of time, space and other weighty ( non-weighty?) matters.

All this before I'd had my morning coffee. Christ!




What's a Fibonacci And Why Should I Care ?


My
phone
rings and
wakes me up.
Who the fuck is it?
My nutty brother in Texas!


(Deeplip)


UPDATE: My brother is no nuttier than I am. He's just nutty in a different way.