Thursday, March 16, 2006

To Sir, With Love


Current mood: affectionate

Category: Romance and Relationships


Ken? "Arbiter of evil" makes little sense in the context of your Dick Cheney post on Delicious Demon. Cheney's not judging evil, he embodies it.

"Avatar of evil" would have been better.


NOUN: (From Yahoo's online dictionary)

The incarnation of a Hindu deity, especially Vishnu, in human or animal form.
An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.
A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity: occultism in its present avatar.


Cheeky of me to critique your work. But don't be mad. Be proud.

After all, you were the one who taught me how to write. It was the only way I could communicate with you.

Thank you, old man. You taught me well.


(Deeplip)



The Twins: There's Good News And There's Bad News


Current mood: wanting to be loved for what's inside

Category: Romance and Relationships


Message exchange on MySpace:


Date: Mar 15, 2006 7:33 PM



if those are yours at 69 they are spectacular and they can pop out whenever they want babe lol


xxxx



Yes, they are mine. The problem is, so is the face. A woman my age who looks ten or fifteen years younger than she actually is still can't compete physically with the twenty-somethings that the old men drool over here on myspace.

Fortunately, I have other things I can offer. Many of them are things I didn't have when I was young and beautiful.

I just want a nice, compatible, companionable old guy, but one who's very bright, funny and - vitally important - fit enough to keep up with me.

Oh, did I mention monogamous? That's a deal-breaker.

If you run across one, point him my way.


Connie


(Deeplip)



A Match Made In Heaven?


Current mood: giddy

Category: Romance and Relationships


My lucky day?


Date:

Mar 15, 2006 8:05 PM Flag spam/abuse.

Subject:

hello


Body:

Hometown man looking for a country lady who likes the outdoors and adventures. I have no kids but don't mind having some around. I am looking for a lady who enjoys life and wants to live it to its fullest. I love to do things outdoors like camping, hunting, fourwheeler riding and raising birds as my hobbies. I work as an engineering and do daily runs so I am home every night. I am looking for someone to share my life with. I would love to take you out mudding, to a show or to show you a good time in a romatic spot I know under the stars. Looking forward to meeting you! am online in my yahoo id at (deleted)


"John"



Could this finally be "The One"? I can't believe we share so many interests - camping, hunting, four-wheeler riding and even mudding!

I don't recall mentioning any of the above activities in my profile or my blogs. The man must be psychic.

I love a man who knows exactly what I want and gives it to me. Could John be that man?



(Deeplip)




A Daily Affirmation For Ken Brown


Current mood: philosophical

Category: Life



HAIR SHIRT (HAIKU)


In life it is not

the journey that counts, it is

the deprivation.




(From Deeplip's novella-in-verse, Unreqwerty'd Love: the story of belle and play)



Update: In all fairness, I have added a daily affirmation for relentless me:




ROSES? WHAT ROSES? (HAIKU)



In life it is not

the journey that counts, it is

the destination.




(Deeplip, who thinks that whoever said the journey is what matters was an under-achieving, pot-smoking, procrastinating slacker.)

Or maybe a Buddhist.



The Twilight Zone


Current mood: relieved

Category: Life


Well, my young critic "Sara" has either removed her profile voluntarily or she's been deleted by MySpace. She must have made that missing third comment.


Invalid Friend ID. This user has either cancelled their membership, or their acccount has been deleted.


Her original comment is missing and so is her profile. I guess when you leave MySpace, all your words vanish along with you .... poof!

Something kinda fishy about her. According to her profile, she joined today, March 14. She has one friend (Tom, natch.) Yet she has blog entries dating from January 2006.

I couldn't be that devious if I tried.



(Deeplip, who wishes blogs weren't posted "backwards", because it reverses the time line and new readers who haven't read her previous posts don't know what she's talking about, and even when she's talking out of her ass - like now - she wants to be understood.)


Pearlcasting For Dummies


Current mood: not suffering fools gladly

Category: Life


I don't mind reading comments from people like Sara, but responding to them is counterproductive. I've got better things to do here.

From now on, I'm disabling the "comments" feature. Is there a way only your "friends" can comment?

Please email me with the answer in non-technical language.



(Deeplip, who will miss hearing from Pun and David)

UPDATE: Just saw and clicked on something that said, "NEW", and "deleted account". It went poof. I have no idea what it was, or where it went.
I also see that there are three comments listed, but only two showing up under the post "Ask The Experts"


If I inadvertently deleted someone's "comment", please email me.


(Deeplip)