Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back to The Fucking Fifties? (Post from MySpace)


Current mood: outraged

Category: News and Politics


PIERRE, S.D. - The Legislature on Friday approved a ban on nearly all abortions in South Dakota, setting up a direct legal assault on Roe vs. Wade.

Republican Gov. Mike Rounds said he was inclined to sign the bill, which would make it a crime for doctors to perform an abortion unless it was necessary to save the woman's life. The measure would make no exception in cases of rape or incest.

Many opponents and supporters of abortion rights believe the U.S Supreme Court is more likely to overturn its 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion now that Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito are on the bench.
______________________________________________________

I've had two abortions. The one in 1968 was legal. I had to go out of state and a doctor had to certify that I was nuts. I checked into a hospital in Virginia, had the surgery (under general anesthesia) and left the hospital the next day. The most traumatic part of my stay was the pre-operative soap suds enema.

The illegal abortion was performed in 1953 by a doctor who scraped out the contents of my uterus with a curette, which is essentially a razor on a stick. He gave me no anesthesia of any kind. No shot, no pills. Not even an aspirin. He told me not to scream, because if I did, someone would hear me, and the police would be called. I did not scream.

When he was finished, he forced me to look at the "product" of the procedure (blood and bits of tissue floating in a porcelain basin) and he warned me to stay away from boys. He told me I had a beautiful body, and then he sexually molested me.


I was sixteen years old.




(Deeplip, who hereby volunteers to impale with a wire coat hanger every legislator who supports and every jurist who upholds this barbaric law.)





Boxers Or Briefs? (from MySpace)


Current mood: prurient

Category: Romance and Relationships


Ken's lateral epicondyliitis must be acting up again. He just posted a long, informative essay about his friend Larry Rivers' "working methods" after PS Art, (alias "Carmine") had asked him to tell her what it was like hanging out with Rivers in his studio, watching him work.

After summarizing the artist's approach to his subjects and highlighting several aspects of his technique, Ken concluded by saying, this would have to do for now .... but he'd be happy to answer any further questions.

Someone named "Joe" immediately posted a comment: "Hi Ken, have you ever worn your mother's underwear?"

This "question" is impertinent, childish, cowardly (since "Joe" is hiding behind a a pseudonym) and totally irrelevant.

I would have stayed on topic, and asked if Ken had ever worn Larry River's underwear. Knowing the sexual history of Larry Rivers and the sexual predilections of Ken Brown, I think it's a legitimate question well worth asking.

BTW, as curious as I am, I recognize that "who wears the pants" is a private matter, and none of my business. As they say, it's all good. I just wish I weren't wearing any underwear, and I was with Ken and .......... oh, never mind.



(Deeplip)