Saturday, July 04, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes


From "Why Sarah Palin Quit" (TIME Magazine)

"Some are going to question the timing of this and let me just say that this decision has been in the works for a while. In fact this decision comes after much consideration," Palin said, holding up her left index finger as she amended her thought, "Much prayer and consideration. And finally, I polled the most important people in my life, my kids. And the count was unanimous. While in response to asking, 'Hey, do you want me to be a positive influence and fight for all our children's futures from outside the governor's office?' it was four yeses and one 'Hell, yeah.' The 'Hell, yeah' sold it."

------------------------------------------------------

I'd be interested in knowing if fourteen-month-old Trig is the one who voted, "Hell, yeah." I suspect he was, since he stands to lose the most if Mom's busy schedule keeps her away from home.

I'm impressed that he was able to participate in the decision-making process at such a tender age.