Sunday, May 07, 2006

"If they asked me, I could write a book" --- but who's asking?


Current mood: underwhelmed

Category: Writing and Poetry


We all make typos, but usually not in our myspace profiles - especially when we are authors hawking our books. That's an ominous sign. I just received a friends request from an author whose profile contains a lengthy description of his upcoming thriller.

It's (sic) violent content is not for the faint of heart, he warns. It will be available at Barns (sic) and Noble, Amazon, and many others If (sic) you don't see it in your favorite bookstore.

A "reviewer" begins his high praise with this unintentionally hilarious sentence:

XXXXX is one outstanding book that swallowed my interest and that I found it exciting, dramatic and beyond any idea I had previously about undercover officers.

I would urge the author to immediately do the following:

1) Scrap the book.

2) Write one about a Mexican-American teen-age girl with acne, boy trouble and demanding parents who are pushing her to get into an Ivy League school.

3) Send it to Alloy Entertainment to be polished, packaged and shopped.



(Deeplip, who wishes her fellow author the best of luck in all his literary endeavors.)